Wooden crates are one of the most secure ways to transport goods. Their solid build protects the commodities inside, and provides an easy-to-handle format that forklifts and pallet jacks can maneuver. Custom wooden crates in Sydney at Wooden Box & Crate Co
are durable, reusable, and an earth-friendly option for packaging and shipping supplies.
Image Source: Google
Considerations to keep in mind
- Probably the most durable of packaging materials, wooden crates protect your shipment and ensure that it arrives at its location undamaged.
- Easy to handle. Because of its sturdy design and features that allow pallet jacks and forklifts to move them, they are quickly carted from trucks and ships to their destination, even if they are heavy or particularly large.
- Crates can be custom “jigged” to create partitions inside for specific product needs.
- A standard wooden crate is 4 feet wide, 8 feet long and 4 feet high. Any dimensions needed are available to accommodate large objects.
- Many trucking companies, airlines, and international shippers prefer wooden crates because they are easy to move with their equipment and prevent damage to the goods being shipped.
Features of a well made wooden crate
- Screw or latch closures ensure secure fastening of your cargo.
- Properly placed skids. These make sure your shipment is kept off the ground and prevents damage, as well as providing easy handling by machinery, like forklifts or pallet jacks. This is critical if the shipment is very heavy.
- Handles are well positioned. If handles are a part of the design, make sure they are well placed for ease of use.